Amoxycillin, Potassium Clavulanate Tablets
What is Clavpet Tablets?
Amoxicillin Trihydrate and Clavulanate Potassium Tablets arethe broad-spectrum antibiotic amoxicillin trihydrate and the β-lactamase inhibitor, clavulanate potassium (the potassium salt of clavulanic acid).
Cats and Dogs
1 x 10 tablets
- Skin infections (wounds, abscesses, cellulitis)
- Periodontal infections due to aerobic
- Anaerobic bacteria (canine periodontal disease).
- Skin infections (e.g., wounds, abscesses, and cellulitis/dermatitis),
- Urinary tract infections (e.g., cystitis due to susceptible strains of E. coli).
How it Works:
- Amoxicillin is a bactericidal agent, which kills bacteria by inhibiting the synthesis of a substance in cell wall called Peptidoglycan, which is the main component of the cell walls of both gram-positive and negative bacteria.
- Clavulanic acid contains a beta-lactam ring and binds strongly to beta-lactamase at or near its active site, thereby hindering enzymatic activity. Broad spectrum bactericidal action against gram-positive & negative microorganisms. It is a conjugate acid of a clavulanate.
- Broad-spectrum antibiotic that treats a wide array of bacterial infections
- Treats soft tissue infections such as wounds, abscesses, cellulitis, and superficial and deep pyoderma
- Also used to treat canine periodontal disease
Sold per tablet
Tell your veterinarian if your pet is being given another antibiotic. Also tell your veterinarian if your pet has kidney, stomach or intestinal disease, or allergies. While symptoms may subside early, use all of the prescribed medicine. Safety of use in pregnant or breeding pets has not been determined. Store at a controlled room temperature 68-77° F (20-25° C).
What happens if I miss giving a dose:
- In case of missing the dose, it should be given as soon as possible.
- Next dose will be continued at the regular time.
- Don't give the double dose as you have missed the previous ones to compensate the missed dose.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
- Recommended dosage: 12.5 mg/kg of body weight twice in a day.
- The treatment of skin & soft tissue infections & periodontal infection is 5-7 days for 48-hours after all symptoms disappeared, If there is no improvement seen after 5-days of treatment, therapy should be stopped & case is re determined.
- Duration for pyoderma is 21-days. Treatment should not exceed 30-days
Each film coated tablet contains: