what is BanFLEA ++ Spot On?
BanFLEA is a Spot on solution for dogs that offers comprehensive protection against ticks, fleas, mosquitoes, biting flies, and chewing lice.
Dogs and puppies (7weeks or older)
- The product has a persistent acaricidal and repellent effect for three-four weeks against tick infestations.
- For the treatment and prevention of flea infestations in dog only.
- Fleas on dogs are killed within one day following treatment. One treatment prevents further flea infestation for four weeks. The product can be used as part of a treatment for flea allergy dermatitis (FAD).
- One treatment provides repellent (anti-feeding) activity against sand flies for two-three weeks, against mosquitoes for two weeks and stable flies for four weeks.
- Helps prevent transmission of flea-borne and tick-borne diseases such as tapeworms, Lyme disease, tick paralysis, ehrlichia, and Rocky Mountain spotted fever.
How it Works:
- The active ingredient Imidacloprid, is an ectoparasiticide belonging to the chloronicotinyl group of compounds. Chemically, it can be classified as a chloronicotinyl nitroguanidine. Imidacloprid is effective against adult fleas and larval flea stages. In addition to the adulticide flea efficacy of imidacloprid, a larvicidal flea efficacy in the surroundings of the treated pet has been demonstrated. Larval stages in the dog`s immediate surroundings are killed following contact with a treated animal. It has a high affinity for the nicotinergic acetylcholine receptors in the post-synaptic region of the central nervous system (CNS) in insects. The ensuing inhibition of cholinergic transmission in insects results in paralysis and death of the parasite.
- The other active ingredient Permethrin, belongs to the type I class of pyrethroid acaricides and insecticides and also acts as repellent. Pyrethroids affect the voltage-gated sodium channels in vertebrates and non-vertebrates. Pyrethroids are so called “open channel blockers” affecting the sodium channel by slowing both the activation and the inactivation properties thus leading to hyperexcitability and death of the parasite.
- DO NOT USE ON CATS. Cats cannot metabolize the ingredients used in this product. Cats must be separated from dogs during treatment. Do not allow your cat to come in contact with a treated dog for 24 hours.
- Care should be taken to administer the product correctly in particular oral uptake .Licking of the application site by treated or in-contact animals should be avoided.
- As the product is dangerous to aquatic organisms, treated dogs must not under any circumstances be allowed into any type of surface water for at least 48 hours after treatment.
What Special precautions to be taken by the person administering the veterinary medicinal product to animals
- Avoid contact between the product and skin, eyes or mouth.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke during application.
- Wash hands thoroughly after use.
- In case of accidental spillage onto skin, wash off immediately with soap and water.
- People with known skin sensitivity may be particularly sensitive to this product.
- The predominant clinical symptoms that in extremely rare case may be shown are transient sensory irritations of the skin like tingling, burning sensation or numbness.
- If the product gets accidentally into the eyes, they should be thoroughly flushed with water. If skin or if eye irritation persists, or if the product is accidentally swallowed, obtain medical attention immediately and show the package insert to the physician.
- Treated dogs should not be handled especially by children until the application site is dry. This may be ensured by treating the dogs e.g. in the evening. Recently treated dogs should not be allowed to sleep together with their owner, especially children.
What are the side effects:
- On very rare occasions reactions in dogs may include transient skin sensitivity (increased local itching, scratching and rubbing, hair loss and redness at the application site) or lethargy that are generally self-resolving.
- In very rare cases dogs may show behaviour changes (agitation, restlessness, whining or rolling), gastro-intestinal symptoms (vomiting, diarrhoea, hypersalivation, diminished appetite) and neurological signs such as unsteady movement and twitching in dogs susceptible to the ingredient permethrin. These signs are generally transient and self-resolving.
Some small and medium dogs may have an adverse skin reaction
- Use only on dogs over 4 lbs and over 7 weeks of age. Do not use on cats or on other animals.
- Your dog should be standing for easy application.
- The entire contents of BanFLEA spot on tube should be applied evenly to the top of the back from the shoulder to the base of the tail.
- At each spot, part the hair until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and gently squeeze to expel a portion of the solution on the skin.
- Do not apply an excessive amount of solution at any one spot that could cause some of the solution to run off the side of your dog.
- For dogs up to 20 lbs, apply the entire contents of the applicator tube to 2 or 3 spots on the top of the back from the shoulder to the base of the tail.
- For dogs 21 lbs and over, apply the entire contents of the applicator tube to 4 or 6 spots on the top of the back from the shoulder to the base of the tail.
- Use only one applicator per treatment.
|Dogs (kg body weight)
||Imidacloprid (mg/kg body weight)
||Permethrin (mg/kg body weight)
||BanFLEA + Spot-on for dogs up to 4 kg
||minimum of 10
||minimum of 50
|>4 kg ≤ 10 kg
||BanFLEA + Spot-on for dogs over 4 kg up to 10 kg
||10 - 25
||50 - 125
|>10 kg ≤ 25 kg
||BanFLEA + Spot-on for dogs over 10 kg up to 25 kg
||10 - 25
||50 - 125
|>25 kg ≤ 40 kg
||BanFLEA + Spot-on for dogs over 25 kg
||10 - 16
||50 - 80
- Banflea SPOT-ON SOLUTION for dogs upto 4 kg- pipette of 0.4 ml
- Banflea SPOT-ON SOLUTION for dogs over 4 kg up to 10 kg - pipette of 1.0 ml
- Banflea SPOT-ON SOLUTION for dogs over 10 kg up to 25 kg - pipette of 2.5 ml
- Banflea SPOT-ON SOLUTION for dogs over 25 kg - pipette of 4.0 ml