What is Assurity plus spot on ?
Assurity plus spot on offers broad spectrum parasite protection in one easy application for dogs and cats.
- Easy, once a month topical application
- For Heartworm prevention in dogs
- Treats and controls circulating microfilaria found in heartworm positive dogs.
- Kills adult fleas through contact. Fleas don't have to bite your dog or cat to die. Also treats fleas infestations.
- Treats and controls roundworms, hookworms, and whipworms in dogs and roundworms and hookworms in cats.
- Treats and controls infective ear mites in cats
- Treats and controls sarcoptic mange in dogs
- Assurity plus spot on for Cats is the only FDA-approved flea and heartworm disease prevention product for ferrets.
How it Works:
- Assurity plus spot on contains two effective ingredients, imidacloprid and moxidectin.
- Moxidectin kills baby heartworms that have been deposited in your dog or cat through the bite of a mosquito, preventing them from growing into adults, migrating to the heart, and causing disease.
- Moxidectin also kills common intestinal worms by intestinal worms by disrupting nerve transmission resulting in the paralysis and death.
- Imidacloprid kills fleas through contact. As fleas come in contact with your treated pet, imidacloprid is absorbed through the fleas skin where it acts on the nervous system resulting in spasm and death. Fleas do not need to bite and ingest it through the blood to die like oral treatments require.
Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using any pesticide product for pets. If signs persist, or become severe, consult a veterinarian immediately. Safety has not been established in breeding, pregnant, or lactating dogs.
Not for human use. Keep out of the reach of children. Children should not come in contact with application sites for two (2) hours after application. Causes eye irritation. Harmful if swallowed. Do not get in eyes or on clothing. Avoid contact with skin. Exposure to the product has been reported to cause headache; dizziness; and redness, burning, tingling, or numbness of the skin
What happens if I miss giving a dose:
Apply the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time to apply the next dose, skip the missed dose and apply the next dose as directed. Do not apply 2 doses at once.
What happens if I overdose the pet:
Seek emergency veterinary medical treatment. Symptoms of overdose may include depression, increased salivation, tremors, or incoordination.
How to use:
- Remove one dose applicator tube from the package. As specified below, administer the entire contents of the Advantage Multi for Dogs /cats tube that correctly corresponds with the body weight of your dog/cat.
- While holding the tube in an upright position, remove the cap from the tube.
- Turn the cap over and push the other end of cap onto the tip of the tube.
- Twist the cap to break the seal and then remove cap from the tube.
- Your dog/cat should be standing for application. Part the hair on the back between the shoulder blades until the skin is visible.
- For dogs weighing 10 kg or less and cats (4 kg-8 kg) place the tip of the tube on the skin and apply the entire contents directly on the exposed skin at one spot between the shoulder blades.
- For dogs weighing more than 10 kg, place the tip of the tube on the skin and apply the entire contents directly on the exposed skin at 3 or 4 spots on the top of the backline from the base of the neck to the upper back in an area inaccessible to licking.
- Do not apply an amount of solution at any one location that could run off the side of your dog/cat.
- Assurity plus spot on solution For Dogs upto 10kg : Pipette of 1 ml
- Assurity plus spot on solution For Dogs over 10kg upto 25kg : Pipette of 2.5 ml
- Assurity plus spot on solution For Dogs over 25kg upto 40kg : Pipette of 4 ml
- Assurity plus spot on solution For Dogs over 40kg : Pipette of 5ml
- Assurity plus spot on solution For Cats from 4 kg-8 kg : pipette of 0.8 ml
||Amount 10% w/v