What is Otikoo ear drop?
Otikoo Ear Drops has been specially formulated to overcome ear infestation due to yeast or bacteria for the treatment of otitis externa.
- Otikoo Ear Drops is recommended for the treatment of Otitis externa.
- Otitis Externa or ear infection of the external ear is an extremely painful infection for your pet and can cause a lot of discomfort. Ear infection may be fungal or bacterial in nature and can be effectively managed by the use of Otikoo Ear Drops.
- It also reduces itching and irritation in ears.
- These drops reduce exudation and pain in ear.
- These are also anaesthetic.
- Otikoo Ear Drops has been specially formulated to maintain the natural environment of the external ear canal.
How it Works:
- Ofloxacin is a fluoroquinolone that has a broad spectrum of activity against otic pathogens but lacks the capacity for ototoxicity. Hence ofloxacin is preferred to aminoglycosides for any application within the middle ear space. Ofloxacin exerts its antibacterial activity by inhibiting DNA gyrase, a bacterial enzyme that is essential in DNA replication, repair, deactivation and transcription.
- Clotrimazole is a synthetic imidazole derivative. Clotrimazole is a broad-spectrum antifungal agent that has fungicidal activity against fungi responsible for superficial mycotic infections affecting the outer or middle ear including Candida, Microsporum, Trichophyton. Clotrimazole inhibits fungal cytochrome P-450 synthesis of ergosterol, which decreases fungal cell wall integrity. By inhibiting the biosynthesis of ergosterol for fungal cytoplasmic membrane, clotrimazole inhibits fungal growth. Resistance to clotrimazole is very rare among the fungi that cause superficial mycoses.Clotrimazole also has activity against certain gram-positive bacteria such as Streptococci and Staphylococci. It is the most widely used topical azole. Its antibacterial effect is advantageous in treating mixed bacterial-fungal infections.
- Beclomethasone is a glucocorticoid steroid with anti inflammatory and immunosuppressive abilities.
- Lignocaine Hydrochloride is a topical anesthetic with a low index of sensitization and toxicity. It helps reduce pain and stinging in the ear.
- Otikoo Ear Drops by virtue of its three active ingredients, ofloxacin, clotrimazole, and beclomethasone, has antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory activity.
15 ml Bottle
Administer 8 - 10 drops in each ear or as directed by the veterinarian
- For animal use only
- Not for human use
- Shake well before each use.
- Tilt head so that the affected ear is presented in an upward orientation. Administer 8-10 drops of Otikoo to coat the ear lesions and ear canal.
- Following treatment, gently massage the ear so as to ensure complete and uniform distribution of the medication throughout the external ear canal.
- Apply twice daily for a duration of up to 14 days or as directed by your veterinarian