What is Ausko Ear Drops ?
Ausko Ear Drops is an effective treatment for common and recurring cases of otitis externa in dogs. Ausko Ear Drops is a combination of antibiotic, antifungal and anti-inflammatory medications, including polymyxin B, miconazole and prednisolone. This formulation gives Ausko Ear Drops broad effectiveness against the pathogens that cause ear infections and make it less likely to develop into resistant cases.
- Treatment of canine Otitis externa associated with susceptible strains of yeast (Malassezia pachydermatis) and bacteria (Staphylococcus spp.)
- Effective against infections caused by yeast, fungi, Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria
- Ausko Ear Drops can be administered more comfortably and precisely to infected ears because it is stable and fluid at room temperature.
- It also soothes itching and treats ear mite infestations.
How it Works:
- Miconazole nitrate is a synthetic imidazole derivative with a pronounced antifungal activity and a potent activity against Gram-positive bacteria. Miconazole selectively inhibits the synthesis of ergosterol, which is an essential component of the membrane of yeasts and fungi.
- Polymyxin B sulphate is a polypeptide antibiotic with bactericidal activity against Gram-negative bacteria. Pollymyxin B binds to phospholipids in the cytoplasmic membrane, whereby the membrane permeability is disturbed. This results in lysis of the bacteria.
- Prednisolone acetate is a glucocorticoid with strong anti-inflammatory and antipruriginous activity.
Not to be used in animals with perforated ear-drums since polymyxin B is known to be a potential ototoxic agent. Surolan is contraindicated in dogs with suspected or known hypersensitivity to miconazole nitrate, polymyxin B sulphate or Prednisolone acetate. Do not use with drugs known to induce ototoxicity.
What are the side effects:
Side effects that may occur include topical sensitivity and reduced hearing or deafness. other side effects may also occur. Talk to your veterinarian about any side effect that seems unusual or bothersome to your pet.
Dosage and Administration:
- Follow your veterinarian prescription instructions for your pet .
- shake well before use.
- The external ear should be thoroughly cleaned and dried before the initiation of treatment.
- Verify that the eardrum is intact.
- Instill 5 drops of AUSKO drops in the ear canal twice daily and message the ear
- Therapy should continue for 7 consecutive days.
|Polymyxin B sulphate