Metronidazole IP, Spiramycin IP (Vet) Tablets
What is Candontal Tablets ?
Candontal Tablet is an antibiotic that is used to treat a wide variety of infections,Acts markedly bacteriostatic, acts against protozoa (flagellates and amoeba) and against Gram-positive and Gram-negative anaerobes.
Cats and Dogs
- Gingivitis (Inflammation of Gums)
- Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the mouth)
- Glossitis (Inflammation of the tongue)
- Periodontitis (Inflammation of the tissue around the teeth, often causing shrinkage of the gums and loosening of the teeth)
- Tonsillitis : Inflammation of the tonsils
- Dental fistula and other fistulas wounds in the oral cavity : An abnormal or surgically made passage between a hollow or tubular organ and the body surface
- Cheilitis (Inflammation of the lips)
- Sinusitis (inflammation of the mucous membranes that line the sinuses)
- Treatment of mechanical or surgical periodontal therapy
How it Works:
Metronidazole is an antibiotic that is used to treat a wide variety of infections.
It works by stopping the growth of certain bacteria and parasites.
An imidazole derivative and acts against protozoa (flagellates and amoeba) and against Gram-positive and Gram-negative anaerobes.
Spiramycin is an antibiotic of the macrolide group.
Acts markedly bacteriostatic by inhibition of protein synthesis Its spectrum of activity includes mainly Gram-positive bacteria.
- Combines high potency with broad spectrum of activity.
- Good bioavailability with Once daily dosing
- High serum levels, a large volume of distribution indicating concentration in tissues .
- Optimal owner compliance of a broad range of orodental bacterial infections in dogs and cats.
- Excellent Antibacterial potency, Gram-negative activity, Gram-positive activity and anaerobic activity
- Highly active even in the absence of protein synthesis and cell growth.
- Have a favourable distribution into the skin and gingival tissue
- Combo in high concentrations in all body fluids up to 10 hours post administration, and up to 24 hours post administration in saliva
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
- 1 tablet / 10 Kg body weight once daily for 5 – 10 days. Or as directed by the Veterinarian.
- The treatment should always be continued for 1-2 days after resolution of symptoms in order to prevent relapses.
- The tablets are to be administered either deep in the mouth (on the base of the tongue) or given with a small amount of food.
Each film coated tablet contains:
|Spiramycin IP (Vet)